Regulation & Compliance
Tel : +44 (0)161 929 8355
Mobile : +44 (0)748 406 5102
Andrew is a risk management and regulatory consultant who has advised on compliance issues within the legal services sector for more than 20 years.
He has worked in quality management and risk roles in private practice, also also spending a number of years in an advisory role with the Law Society; and then with the Solicitors Regulation Authority.
During this time, Andrew conducted over 200 visits to law firms providing practical onsite compliance advice and also led teams of advisers on complex monitoring visits to large firms. He also managed the completion of improvement plans put in place to improve standards of regulatory compliance following the visits.
Andrew has also provided consultancy support and assistance to sole practitioners and small to medium sized law firms, which has included advice relating to:
- Compliance and regulatory issues, professional ethics and the SRA Handbook 2011.
- New firm start-ups, incorporations and licensed body applications.
- Anti-money laundering and anti-mortgage fraud and cybercrime matters.
He also regularly provides:
- Comprehensive risk and compliance assessments.
- COLP and COFA monitoring and support.
- Compliance training.